Cause: Palm Oil Truth – Stop the Anti-Palm Oil Fraud And Propaganda
Today I’d like to talk about a topic that’s been bothering me. I’m sure if you live in a western country, you would have heard about the “save the orangutans” and “stop palm oil” campaigns. These campaigns have appeared on tv ads, facebook pages, newspaper and all types of media since 2005. These days, if you ask any person if they have heard about orangutans, the first thing that comes out of their mouth is “it’s all palm oil’s fault”. Today, I will tell you -It’s all a conspiracy (ie. government fraud! Read on the facts below).
Yesterday I watched a youtube video where Australian kids as young as 5 years old are taught to be anti-palm oil in kindergarten! Why are they brainwashing kids that young to participate in lies and propaganda (you will find out below). What’s happening? Why are the green groups campaigning so aggressively against palm oil, to the point of asking big corporations such as Nestle to boycott palm oil in their products? The answer I have discovered is TRADE WAR.
1. Recently, an Italian organization named Libertiamo released a report revealing that these anti-palm oil campaigns are in reality trade war against palm oil. Yes, someone wants to see palm oil industry gone. Who? The report exposed the European Commission (EC) as the culprit and mastermind. You see, one of Europe’s big industry is seed oil (rapeseed, canola, corn, sunflower), and their seed cannot compare in terms of production yield against palm oil. 1 hectare of palm oil produces 4.6 tons of oil, while 1 hectare of sunflower farm produces a measly 0.6 ton of oil.
2. The report continues that the EC has been sponsoring green groups such as the WWF more than 5 million $ each year to execute the ‘anti-palm oil’ campaigns worldwide. The WWF receives huge money, and in turn does it’s master’s bidding. They spread fabricated lies about how orangutans will be extinct by 2012, how deforestation in Malaysia is happening at 300 football fields per HOUR (really? that’s 7000 football fields each DAY! I wonder why isn’t Malaysia wiped out yet at the rate the WWF is claiming?) and they claim how orangutans are being killed deliberately for palm oil. When these green groups are confronted to debate these facts they are spouting, they say “we are not a research organization”. That means they were caught lying! Yes, their aim is to distort facts in order to gain worldwide support and activism against palm oil, so that they can get their millions of dollars of funds from the European Commission each year. They claim deforestation is happening at multiple times the actual rate, and a few years ago they claim the rainforest and orangutans would be totally extinct by 2012 (well it’s already nearly 2013 now guys). Don’t believe the lies they are spreading. The real truth is, the CIA World Factbook confirmed that Malaysia still manages to retain 59.5% of rainforests after 100 years of palm oil industry.
3. Environmental Groups Bribed Each Year To Carry Out Secret Trade War: According to Libertiamo investigation and report, WWF is a regular recipient of US government money through its aid organization USAID. WWF received funding of USD 10 million from USAID in 2009 alone for projects, some targeted at activities in Malaysia. That number increased to nearly USD 28million in the 2011 financial year. AndSAM/FOE enjoyed just shy of USD 1 million while the Rainforest Alliance secure USD 600,000. WWF has also enjoyed support from the Australian government as an accredited NGO to deliver aid projects with AusAID and receiving nearly AUD 300,000 (USD315,000) in the last reported funding cycle for NGOs. With such generous funding(*ahem*, bribing) these green groups are reciprocating support and campaigning against palm oil.
4. These activists’ “no kill” push of orangutan is absurd because in Malaysia it has been a law for a long time that it is illegal to kill orangutans. This “no kill” push in particular by activist Sean Wyte is mainly to create the false impression that orangutans are being killed deliberately all for the sake of palm oil. Last year, a British newspaper published an article with an out of context photo claiming that a baby orangutan has been living in a small cage, the article claims this is mistreatment of the orangutan. But a few days later, Malaysian newspaper The Star released an article by the government that this particular baby orangutan was actually in a cage because he was being transported from a medical centre back to the jungle after receiving treatment and nourishment. In Malaysia, the people are aware that the western media is up to something fishy with their regular false reports about orangutans.
5. Environmental Groups Making Up Numbers From Thin Air: The World Wildlife Fund (WWF) has claimed that up to 1,000 orang utans are dying each year as a result of deforestation. Australia’s Perth Zoo claims 6,000 each year. UK based Nature Alert claims 120– 200 each year. Despite these differing guesses (made up numbers), the European Association of Zoos and Aquaria utilized these fake numbers in a campaign on EU food labelling and TV ads to support boycotts of palm oil. This is really a dirty trade war waged by Europeans/Australians/
6. Now, the European Commission(EC) has been trying to hit home this message- they are getting countries and organizations to boycott palm oil. Norway is reported to plan to ban palm oil from their food products by 2014. They are asking supermarkets and retailers to put up “anti plam oil” labels beside food products that use palm oil as an ingredient. You will find many facebook pages and website created by activists are calling for a total ban on palm oil. They do not care if more than 4 million people in South East Asia alone are depending on the palm oil industry for survival. So is human lives more important or their trade war? I said trade war because it is not about orangutans at all. The european commission has started their attack on Africa’s palm oil industry as well, it’s not about orangutans, it is purely trade war as the main agenda. The orangutan story and exaggeration is merely a tool they use to make people go anti-palm oil. So now the lives of MILLIONS of South East Asians and Africa are jeapordized because of these anti-palm oil campaigns by activists in western world who doesn’t give a damn about human lives in Asia/Africa.
7. These anti palm oil campaigns are the most aggressive in countries that produce rapeseed oil, canola oil, sunflower oil, namely the European countries led by the European Commission, America and Australia. They have reached a point where activists are in rage over palm oil use. Thank god for Italian organization Libertiamo for exposing the true agenda behind these campaigns. An Australian Senator has been emailed various times about the facts from the Libertiamo report that exposed the green group’s fraud and false statistics, but does the Senator care? No, he continues to push for Australian parliament to approve anti-palm oil labels in supermarket shelves.
8. In countries like Malaysia and Indonesia, palm oil is a main industry. The palm oil industry creates jobs and income and lifts the poor out of poverty. This trade war started by the European Commission aims at making South East Asia a poorer region while trying to revive Europe’s own near bankrupt economy. It’s all dirty tactics and secret agendas, manipulating of green groups and kind hearted people’s conscience for an economic gain.
9. In Sabah malaysia, they have the Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre. This is a huge rainforest reserve that is home to many orangutans. The centre provides medical care, food, treatment, training, nursing, etc to care for the orangutans. I have visited this centre and the awareness among the people in Malaysia is that orangutans are to be protected and care for. But this is not what the WWF would want you to believe. The WWF wants you to link orangutan to their bogus anti-palm oil message, for the WWF’s financial gain!
If you’re interested in this topic and wish to research to find out the truth for yourself, I recommend you to read Libertiamo’s report that exposes this conspiracy. You can read the full report by Libertiamo here. Also please watch the short 3 minute video below.
You can also choose to stop this dirty and unethical trade war by SUPPORTING PALM OIL. There are 2 facebook pages that reveals the truth about palm oil in facebook. Please like these Facebook pages and videos as a show of support. Vote against unethical manipulation, lies and trade wars.
FACEBOOK (Please like these Facebook pages so that your friends will know about the truth as well):