There are a few things you can do each day to improve your control of your mind. It will help you improve your ability to concentrate. Besides that, it will also put you in a state of wellbeing for you to think good thoughts and influence your subconscious mind to manifest your goals.
1. Avoid caffeine. Both coffee and tea puts caffeine into your body. So you think caffeine will give you a mental and physical ‘boost’ and make you more awake. Do you know why? According to Dr Robert Young a microbiologist who is an expert of the blood, he says our body identifies caffeine as a poison in our bloodstream. It then wakes up the immune system to work faster to get rid of the caffeine from our bloodstream. When our immune system wakes up and works on red alert mode, we feel the rush which we think is giving us a boost.
But in fact, caffeine tends to create hypertension, hyperactivity and most importantly it creates restlessness. If you are not used to taking caffeine, and you drink a cup of coffee right before bedtime, you will know what I mean. It makes the conscious mind restless and reduces concentration. And concentration and a state of calm are they keys to influencing your subconscious mind.
2. Build Up And Accumulate A High Level Of Life Energy. When your energy is low, you are vibrating at a lower frequency that aligns you with negative thoughts and emotions. Think of someone who is happy and optimistic, do they have a high or low level of energy? Think of someone who is depressed and pessimistic, do they have high or low energy?
3. Reduce stress in your daily life. I think we all know by now that stress is never good for our mental and physical health. Stress drains away a huge amount of mental and physical energy that we could instead use for our manifesting work. The brain needs a certain level of energy reserve to be able to think clearly. Depression is often a symptom of prolonged mental or physical stress, ie, the symptom of low energy reserve.
4. Get adequate sleep each night. Sleep deprivation can diminish your ability to think clearly. If you lose 2 hours of sleep, you will need more than 2 hours more sleep the next day to make up for it. Lack of sleep causes sluggishness of thought and physiology.
5. Spend quiet time meditating or doing ‘mental work’. Practising meditation and doing mental work especially at night before you go to bed is the best habit you can have to improve your manifesting skills. When the brain is working on Beta mode, we are in a state of normal waking hour thinking. In Beta, our Conscious Mind is very active and we create a lot of ‘mental noise’. We need to train ourselves to go into another state of mind in order to do mental work for manifesting. We can either go to Alpha or Delta. In my ebook “Secrets Techniques Of Manifesting And Creating With Imagination”, I teach a very simple technique you can train daily to go into Alpha state of mind. If you have read my books, you will notice that I have used the Alpha state to help me achieve many of my goals and desires in the past.
The difference between ordinary state of Beta versus Alpha is this. For example, you can think a positive thought or give an instruction to your subconscious mind 20 times in Beta, and it will not compare to giving that same instruction to your subconscious mind JUST ONCE in Alpha.
If you would like to learn to go into a deeper state than Alpha, you can learn to go into Delta, which is even more powerful. I have been training myself to go into Delta state by using a very powerful training program which I highly recommend to anyone who wishes to improve their manifesting skills. You can learn more about it here : Training In Delta State Of Mind.
There you have it, these are the 5 easy things you can do to improve your mind and manifesting skills. There are of course others, but for today’s short blog article, I think these 5 will ge enough to get you started. If you wish to learn specific mental techniques, check out my books which will teach you the basic and advanced techniques to manifest using your mind and imagination.
Perhaps you could decide to radically change your thoughts and beliefs, go on a mental diet and see what radical change you can create in your life? Give yourself the gift of a change.
Just a simple change in your daily habits can add up to become a powerful force that changes your life. Think, if you improve just 5% each week in any area of your life – your health, mindset, career, time management, finances etc., what will the accumulated change add up to over the course of 3 months, 6 months, 1 year? You could make tremendous changes in your life towards the direction you want.
If you decide to stop spending 3 hours watching tv every night after work, and spend the time doing something else such as read self-improvement books, think how many books could you read in 1 month? Perhaps 5 or 10? I usually read at least 5 books each month, and that is on a slow month while I’m working on another project. How about spend time learning a new skill such as how to invest, or how to build a business, or how to improve your health? See, we have to take time to evaluate how we are spending the time in our life away. Do you want to count how many sitcoms and tv dramas and movies you’ve watched and how many hours you’ve wasted sitting in front of the box? That is exactly how many precious hours and days in your life that you could have used to do something or learn something useful. Time is an investment for a greater gain, or else it is poured down the drain for nothing in return. The choice is always in our hands.
We all need to write down on a piece of paper, the benefits of the new habit we’re planning, and the disadvantage of the old habit we’re trying to stop. This is the first and very important step. Without it your mind is unable to see the long term gain or loss of each habit. Without a clear goal and clear reasons, the mind finds it hard to make a decision. The most successful change is always followed by a strong “why” to back it up.
You have heard about the Law of Attraction. It not only works on the level of your thoughts. But it also response to your actions too, because your actions is a declaration of your thought and decision. It is a reflection of what’s in your mind. Faith without action, is dead. A very powerful thing to do to activate the Law of Attraction is to decide something and then follow thru with an action to symbolise your faith.
Stop and think for a moment, imagine the distant future. Imagine you’re 60 or 70 years old reflecting back on your life. How would you wish to have lived differently? When you come back to the present, realise that the choice is yours now. Only you have the power to change yourself.
Today I will talk mainly about changing our habits. I will be posting a follow up about changing beliefs and mindsets soon.